I don’t always have time to make a well-rounded breakfast each morning because of lack of time or lack of desire.
Mornings always feel so rushed, don’t they? That’s mostly because I would rather hit the snooze button 12 times than get out of bed and prepare a full breakfast. I would bet that even you hit the snooze at least once eat morning!
There are several solutions for those busy mornings to keep you from skipping the most important meal of the day. Some of those solutions include preparing breakfast items the night before – think overnight oats, muffins, breakfast cookies, etc. Or you could even prepare packages of ingredients that could be stored in the freezer to whip up a quick smoothie. But with all of the different breakfast hacks, I am nothing without caffeine in the morning. Anyone else with me?!
I’ve come up with being the BEST solution to a quick, filling, and caffeinated breakfast that you will want every morning. That might be a bold statement but I am confident that this breakfast will solve all your morning problems. Besides helping your kids find matching socks or helping your husband remember to put the toilet seat down.
Chocolate Chai Tea Breakfast Drink
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
Nutrition per serving: 210 Calories | 38 g Carbs | 1 g Fat | 13 g Protein | 30 g Sugar
- 1 cup Milk (your favorite type)
- 1 packet Carnation Breakfast Essentials Rich Milk Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Chai Spice
- 1 Black Tea Bag
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the milk, rich milk chocolate powder drink mix, and chai spice.
- Heat mixture over medium heat until hot. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat and a steep tea bag for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour into a drinking glass and enjoy it.
- *Optional – add whipped cream and additional chai spice