There is no better time to enjoy a daily smoothie than during the hottest season of the year. Fill your freezer with pre-made individual-sized drop-in-the-blender smoothie bags.
The days are getting warmer and longer (hello sunset at 9 pm) and more humid. The last thing I want to do is heat up a warm meal or sit and chew on a salad. Smoothies are the perfect replacement for breakfast, lunch or dare I say, dinner! They are so versatile by using your favorite fruits, veggies, nuts, etc. Then throw in some fancy powders and you have yourself one of the healthiest drinks EVER.
My least favorite part of making smoothies used to be the cleanup. However, I learned a little trick to clean the blender super quick. Just rinse out the blender after use, fill halfway with hot water and drop in some dish soap. Turn the blender back on and bam – your blender just got a nice little cleaning.
Another thing I dislike about making smoothies is gathering all of the ingredients. Trying to manage and entertain a 3-month-old can make simple things impossible and then my healthy smoothie turns into me grabbing a bag of chips or a dozen cookies. That’s where pre-made individual-sized drop-in-the-blender smoothie bags come into play.
My favorite type of smoothies are simple. I can’t really be bothered with loads of ingredients to make a new flavor each day. I typically just buy whatever frozen fruit is on sale or freeze my overly ripe fruit, some type of green, and freeze almond or coconut milk in ice cube trays. This is the basis of a delicious smoothie.
Pre-made Individual Sized Drop-In-The-Blender Smoothie Bags
- 2 handfuls frozen fruit
- handful frozen kale
- 2 ice cubes frozen almond or coconut milk
- fold top sandwich storage bags
- Place all ingredients in the fold top sandwich storage bag.
- Store multiple sandwich bags in a gallon-sized freezer bag and keep in the freezer until ready to use.
How To Make Smoothie
- Blend fruit, kale, frozen almond or coconut milk, and 8 ounces water in Ninja blender until smooth.
- *Optional: pulse in 1-2 scoops Naked Whey, 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed and a few dashes ground cinnamon.