There is something about the change of a season. Whether that be a change in the weather season or a change in a season of your life. It brings a sense of adventure and curiosity, a feeling of renewal and optimism.
Summer is officially here even though it’s been feeling like summer for several weeks with the temperature. And now that I am entering another season of my life by moving yet again (6th move in 6 years), there are few things that I am enjoying to just take a breather and enjoy this season of life.
Being able to sit out in the sunshine with a refreshing drink and tasty treat is what I live for these days. A and I haven’t even searched for a new home in Missouri so I don’t know what to look forward to. But I can say that I will miss our screened deck in Maryland and listening to all the birds chirping from our cypress trees. This is generally where I go to relax and enjoy my summer treats.
Gluten-Free Almond Shortbread Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 9 cookies
Nutrition per cookie: 106 Calories | 5 g Carb | 9 g Fat | 3 g Protein | 3 g Sugar
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix together with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Use your hands to mix the remaining cookie dough until it forms a ball.
- Roll dough into 9 balls, about 1 tablespoon each.
- Place cookie balls onto a prepared cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray or use a Silpat.
- Flatten each cookie ball using three fingers until they are about 3/4 inch high.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cooling on the cookie sheet for at least 15 minutes.