Homemade ice cream can be intimidating and often requires fancy equipment. Skip the hassle and all the unnecessary kitchen equipment with this no-churn mint chocolate chip ice cream.
I’ve shared before that mint chocolate chip ice cream is my favorite. It reminds me of my childhood and was always my first choice on any ice cream trip. While playing around in the kitchen, I decided it was time to try out homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream.
After some research, I looked at dozens of ice cream machines – all of which cost more than I’d like to spend on a kitchen gadget that only does one task. Now if these machines also emptied my dishwasher and folded my laundry, I would consider purchasing one.
This is how my no-churn mint chocolate chip recipe was born. I tried to make this recipe with the least amount of ingredients as possible and I was able to exclude refined sugars. And I used dark chocolate chips which makes this ‘healthy’. Dark chocolate has magical powers, doesn’t it?! That makes it healthy!!
No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream [no refined sugar]
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 can (13.5 oz) Full Fat Coconut MIlk
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, heat together the coconut milk and maple syrup over medium/high heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chill the coconut milk and syrup mixture for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer (or stand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in remaining ingredients – coconut milk/syrup mixture, peppermint extract, and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into a bread loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the freezer.
- Allow setting for at least 4 hours.
- Place bread pan on counter for 20-30 minutes prior to scooping to allow ice cream to slightly soften.