Salty pretzels coated in a sweet chocolatey coating with peanut butter – life really doesn’t get any better.
Who loves chocolate? How about peanut butter? Now, who likes chocolate with peanut butter? I know I raised my hand to all three!
I’m excited to share with you a snack that I have been eating nonstop for the last three weeks – puppy chow pretzels. Puppy chow is traditionally crispy rice cereal squares mixed with creamy peanut butter and melted chocolate all tossed in powdered sugar. Swap out the crispy rice cereal squares with salty pretzels and you’ve got yourself a sweet and salty snack.
When you read through the recipe, I tried my best to include specific amounts. But I mostly eyeball the ingredients especially the powdered sugar. Have fun with the recipe and play around with all types of pretzels – square, twist, sticks, circles, etc.
Puppy Chow Pretzels [Gluten Free]
- 4.5 cups Salted Pretzels (my favorite is the squares)
- 1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter (this is my favorite)
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1+ cup Powdered Sugar
- Melt peanut butter, dark chocolate morsels, and coconut oil in a large microwave-safe bowl for 60 seconds
- Stir mixture. If the mixture is not melted completely, microwave for 15 seconds until melted
- Gently fold in the pretzels into the chocolate peanut butter mixture
- Fold in all of the powdered sugar, adding more if pretzels still appear wet.