We grill year-round in my house and there’s one grill rub that I keep reaching for, time and time again. Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe to store in your spice cabinet because you will be using it on EVERYTHING.
I grew up in the midwest in a house where we grilled year-round. In the midwest, you experience all four seasons and that never stopped us once. Grilling commenced in the rain or in the snow or on beautiful sunny days.
I still follow this tradition. Mostly because it’s easy to throw an entire meal on the grill AND because it makes cleanup a breeze – the sink doesn’t pile up with tons of pots and pans.
I’ve tried my fair share of rubs and marinades over the years which led me to make my own dry rub. I tend to reach for dry rubs over marinades because marinades typically add more calories that are unnecessary and because they are something that you need to plan well in advance to dinnertime.
Rubs on the other hand can just be rubbed on the meat minutes before heading out to the grill – just enough time for the grill to heat up. And this rub is perfect for all poultry and pork items! Make just enough of this rub for one meal (roughly 2 chicken breasts, 1.5 pound pork tenderloin, or a 4 pound roasting chicken) or double, triple, or quadruple the recipe to store in your spice cabinet.
The Best Ever Grill Rub
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Garlic, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Mix all together and rub generously on 2 chicken breasts, 1.5 pound pork tenderloin, 4 pound roasting chicken, etc.
- Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe and store in an airtight container.