Today we will be sharing some great tips on what to do in Boise Idaho that were shared with us from our Boise Local TripInsider correspondent, Seth.
Interesting Fact - Boise has the largest Basque population outside of Spain! Who knew! If you are feeling hungry, Seth has a great Basque culinary Airbnb cooking experience that you can check out during your stay.
Where to Stay in Boise Idaho
When visiting Boise our recommendation is to stay close to downtown, that is where all the excitement is located. A big second plus with is that you are close to the river, foothills for biking/hiking, and ski resort.
You will be spoilt for good value accomodation in Boise, you can check out some of the best Airbnb in Boise to get you started. Here are the three options we recommend.
1. North End
One of the oldest parts of the city, with a lot of character and comfort. It is close to everything, but provides a unique experience.
2. Downtown Boise
Plenty of places near downtown to rent. You are within walking distance of restaurants, bars, venues, history, etc.
Above the university and downtown. A little cheaper than downtown and north end, but still very close to everything, including the airport. There are some great restaurants on the bench, including good views of the city from up top.
The 8 Best Restaurants in Boise, Idaho
- 1Bittercreek - A staple in Boise. Excellent pub food, great atmosphere, always packed and killer beer, wine, and liquor list.
- 2Juniper - Fun vibe, locally sourced food, great happy hour menu and drink list.
- 3Cloud Nine - Nano brewery with constantly rotating beer menu, plus an exceptional menu for a brewery. High quality ingredients.
- 4Tony's Pizza- Authentic neapolitan pizza. Small restaurant, quaint, and romantic. Best pizza in town.
- 5Diablo & Sons- Innovative Mexican food and awesome atmosphere, fun decorations inside.
- 6Chandlers - High end steak place. Fancy dinner, great service.
- 7Bar Gernika - Basque pub food, great beer list, friendly and cozy vibe. Located on the Basque Block in downtown Boise, definitely a must stop.
- 8A'Tavola - Awesome marketplace in the Linen District near downtown. Great and inventive salads and sandwiches. Speciality food retail section, plenty of seating. Feels like something you would see in SF, Portland, or a bigger city.
Best Things To Do In Boise Idaho
Idaho has some great tourist attractions but without a idaho travel guide, it is hard to know what to do in boise during your Idaho vacation.
Check out some of these great places to go and let us know if you found any other great places we can add.
Best Free Things To Do In Boise Idaho
Surfing waves at Esther Simplot park
Best Bars In Boise Idaho & Nightlife
Transport And Getting Around Boise
If you live close enough to downtown, you can walk there, bike there (rent bikes, there is a bike share program).
There is Uber and Lyft and also electric scooters here (Bird, Lime). There are buses, but wouldn't be ideal for visitors.
The Boise Airport is super close to town, so it is very convenient
What To Do Near Boise Idaho
There is so much to do in the outdoors within a couple hours of Boise. Make sure you don't visit Boise without checking out these great places as well.